08 February 2007

The Point of This Blog

While one of the main points of this blog is to get extra credit for my GLSIS class, I do love to read. So, I am creating this blog to share good books (and the occasional movie) to my classmates and friends. I have eclectic tastes in reading. I couldn't possibly pick one favorite author. I could list my top 10, maybe. If it is a genre in fiction, I will probably read it. As such, my recommendations will go from fantasy to espianage to who-knows-what.

As far as the occasional movie goes, I pick movies like I pick books. I choose books by author and I choose films by actors. Again, I could not list just one favorite. Though I am more selective about recommending a movie than I may be recommending a book.

I hope that if you check this list frequently, as I must post 4 times per week, you will find books that sound enjoyable to you. Please feel free to recommend some to me as well. I read about 2 books a week, so at times I feel like I am running out of material as I have to wait for my favorite authors to write more.

Shalom,
Stacey

Oh - Sfarim Tovim is "good books" in Hebrew. And the 71 icon in my profile is my ice hockey number (based on my and my girlfriend's anniversary - the First of July or 7/1 ).

No comments: