21 May 2012

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls #1)

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter is the first book in her Gallagher Girls series about an elite boarding school that trains spies.

The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Girls is full of geniuses, but they are not there to become smarter. They are there to learn to be spies. They will be the future agents at the whole alphabet of intelligence agencies. The school was founded by the Gillian Gallagher who stopped an assassin from killing President Lincoln - the first in a line of women who make great intelligence agents not just because of their skills, but because men always underestimate them.

Cammie Morgan is a sophomore. She and her suite mates, Liz and Bex, have been at Gallagher since seventh grade. They are now, finally, old enough for their first Covert Operations class. Covert Ops will not be an easy class. The new teacher takes his job very seriously and knows that this is the first test to see if these girls will be able to work as agents - if he does not do his job well, he will be leaving them open to getting caught, or worse.

Along with Coverts Ops Cammie, Liz and Bex will also have to deal with a new roommate - Macey McHenry - who has been kicked out of just about every other elite boarding school in the country.

Carter has created a fun, exciting series filled with espionage, friendship, humor and romance. It reminds me a bit of the movie D.E.B.S. in its theme and levity.

Carter, Ally. (2006). I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You. New York: Hyperion.

No comments: