24 July 2018

All Out: The No-Longer-Secret Stories of Queer Teens throughout the Ages

All Out: The No-Longer-Secret Stories of Queen Teens throughout the Ages edited by Saundra Mitchell is a collection of short stores about queer characters through history. Beginning in 1870s Mexico and continuing to the 1970s, the collection is diverse in culture and time periods hinting at what queer life was like in other times.

Great authors include Robin Talley, Malinda Lo, Dahlia Adler, Tess Sharpe, Sara Farizan and more.

I will admit, I am not a big fan of short stories. When they are done well, I want more and that makes me sad. So when I get a volume of them, I skim for my favorite authors.

For me the highlights are "The Dresser and the Chambermaid: by Robin Talley and "New Year" by Malinda Lo.

Mitchell, Saundra. (2018). All Out: The No-Longer-Secret Stories of Queer Teens throughout the Ages. New York: Harper Teen.

.

No comments: